Thursday, August 27, 2009

DINNER: Boeuf bourguignon.. I mean beef and potatoes

This afternoon, I was channeling Anthony Bourdain and made Boeuf Bourguignon for the family.  The smell was divine and the results looked fabulous (I chronicled it here.)

Unfortunately, with all the carbs, excess protein and oil, boeuf bourguignon is definitely a diet-no-no.  So I decided to choose something similar for my dinner - beef with mashed potatoes.  I had this a few days before (I think Monday) and it was surprisingly edible and hearty.  But today next to the boeuf bourguignon, it was just unpalatable.  The smell was sad (my husband and child's cries of "disgusting"and "it stinks" didn't help.) and the taste was just as unpleasant.  I ate 3 bites, gave up and tossed it into the trash.

Instead, I ate an heirloom tomato dressed in balsamic and some sauteed greens.... alas, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment